Ray Simpson / 27th November 2018
DFC Academy Talent ID Day
Are you wondering what to do with your career after your GCSEs next year?
We're holding a talent ID day soon for the successful and expanding Darlington FC academy!
The following are the main features of our BTEC qualifications, which will be delivered by Darlington FC and SCL Education Group:
- Coaching and mentoring by former Professional Footballers and UEFA qualified Coaches.
- Individual Positional-based specialised coaching by Former Professional Footballers.
- Fitness Coach among the Academy staff who will devise fitness plans and give dietary advice, as well as access to the Gym facilities at Xercise4Less.
- Monthly assessments and goal-setting.
- Football and Education both delivered from Blackwell Meadows which boasts six grass pitches and excellent facilities.
- Laws of the game training from a former Premier League referee.
- Taster sessions in Coaching.
- Represent the football club in the U19 National League Alliance
- Daily opportunities to impress the First Team Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Opportunities to train with the First Team Squad.
- Direct exit route into the First Team.
- Regular friendlies against Premier League, Championship and Football League Clubs.
- Visits to St George’s Park, St James’ Park, The Riverside and Stadium of Light.
If you’re interested in finding out more, please complete the application form here