A great opportunity to join the DFC backroom team
Darlington Football Club are looking to recruit a paid Part-time Senior Physiotherapist to provide and coordinate medical services for all the first team and academy players within an interdisciplinary approach.
The Senior Physiotherapist will work along with the team manager and coaches to develop and deliver injury prevention strategies, S&C programmes and deliver rehab to injured players. They will also help to maximise player performance, enhance recovery and reduce the likelihood of injuries within the first team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the medical department at Darlington FC
- Provide medical care for all Darlington first team players
- To provide pitch side cover for all Darlington first team, and academy Home and Away fixtures including overnight journeys where necessary.
- Ensure all relevant first team management staff are clearly communicated to on a regular basis with regards to all medical issues and injuries
- Oversee the development and implementation of prehab and rehab programmes for all Darlington First Team Players
- Responsible for the transportation and storage of essential medical equipment for training and match days.
- Responsible for the ordering and maintaining stock levels of medical supplies.
- Responsible for updating the Club’s Emergency Action Plan at Blackwell Meadows and the Training Ground at Eastbourne Sports Complex.
- To provide the appropriate examination, assessment and treatment of First Team Players when required, including the referral (where necessary) to internal and external medical professionals.
- To keep an up to date and accurate database of treatment and work with all Darlington First Team Players, including current medical status, medical notes and recordings of rehabilitation sessions
- Where appropriate, assist the team manager with any reasonable requests.
- Liaise with the Club Doctors as and when necessary.
- To adhere to National League Rules and Regulations and ensure protocols are followed at all times.
- Bsc (Hons) Physiotherapy or Bsc (Hons) Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation
- HCPC Registered
- Hold a minimum pitch side 1st aid qualification of the FA Level 4 Intermediate Trauma Medical Management in Football (ITMMIF)or equivalent.
- Preferably hold the FA Level 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMIF) qualification or equivalent.
- A valid full UK Driver’s License
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- 2 years' experience working in the medical department of a professional football/sports club.
- Experience working pitch side / match days at a professional football club.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
- The ability to work effectively and safely, whilst working both independent and as part of a team
- To always adhere to confidentiality and data protection procedures.
- A genuine team player
- Excellent levels of communication
- Takes responsibility for ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard.
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Hardworking & Enthusiastic
Location: Blackwell Meadows and Eastbourne Sports Complex (To cover weekday training and match days), flexibility required.
The jobholder will report to the first team manager.
If you are interested in this paid role, then please apply, with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible