ebac - shirt sponsor

Darlington Football Club

Darlington Football Club / 28th February 2017

Vanarama National North Round-Up 28/02/2017

Vanarama National North Round-Up 28/02/2017

We fell to a 3-2 defeat at home to Harrogate Town on Saturday, despite goals from Stephen Thompson a...

We fell to a 3-2 defeat at home to Harrogate Town on Saturday, despite goals from Stephen Thompson and Liam Hardy. Despite the loss we remain seventh in the league table, four points off the final playoff place.

AFC Fylde remain ten points ahead of the chasing pack at the top of the table after a 3-1 win at home to Tamworth. Steve Williams and Danny Rowe put Fylde in control, but Dan Newton pulled one back before half time.  Fylde though picked up another win, as they continue their march towards the title, Andy Boyd sealing the win in the 66th minute.

Salford City came from behind at home to Telford United to win and they remain second. Veteran Lee Hughes put Telford ahead,  but goals early in the second half from Richie Allen and Simon Grand kept up the Ammies promotion push.

Kidderminster Harriers are level on points with Salford with two games in hand after a 2-0 victory over playoff chasing Stockport County. Arthur Gnahoua put Harriers ahead in stoppage time in the first half and Elton Ngwatala sealed the victory 11 minutes from time.

Chorley are fourth and just a point off second after the most dramatic final few minutes at home to Alfreton. Liam Hearn gave the visitors the lead in the first half, but goals in the last five minutes from Jack Sampson and Josh Okeefe gave Chorley a 2-1 win.

Halifax Town were not in action, as their game was postponed due to Brackley Town’s involvement in the FA Trophy. However, Brackley were knocked out of the competition in the quarter final stage away to York City.

Gloucester City threw away a two goal lead at home to FC United of Manchester. Sam Avery and Luke Thomas put Gloucester 2-0 ahead inside the first 21 minutes, before Nathan Lowe pulled one back for the visitors. Tom Greaves levelled after 86 minutes and just two minutes later Lowe grabbed his second to win the game for FC United 3-2.

Curzon Ashton were 1-0 winners at Gainsborough Trinity, with Ryan Hall scoring the only goal of the game after 15 minutes.

Nuneaton Town put their recent bad run behind them to win 3-1 away to Boston United. Ashley Chambers, Jordan Nicholson and Joe Ironside put Nuneaton in control, with Alex Simmons grabbing a stoppage time consolation for Boston.

Altrincham picked up only their second victory of the season at home to a Worcester side in free fall. Elliot Newby and Chris Lynch scored the goals for Altrincham in the first quarter of an hour, with defeat leaving Worcester also in the relegation zone.