Ray Simpson / 3rd June 2019
Test yourself with Steve's quiz
Our quizmaster, Steve Rees, regularly puts a half time quiz together for the programme -- here's the quiz he set for the Telford programme on 8th September last season. Answers tomorrow.
FIRST HALF – GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- In which film did Michael Caine make his silver screen debut?
- Which singer of a famous rock group of the 70s, 80s and 90s was born on the island of Zanzibar?
- A member of which religion would wear a yamulka?
- Who sang the theme song to the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only?
- What was the name of the TV game show hosted by Jimmy Tarbuck and featuring the voice of Geoffrey Wheeler?
- What was destroyed in Hong Kong harbour in 1972 during major refurbishment?
- What is the birthstone for April?
- Where would you see the Spirit of Ecstasy?
- Where did Adam and Eve live after being created by God?
- Which word beginning with “x” describes a fear or dislike of all things foreign?
- In which foreign capital city could you visit St Basil’s Cathedral?
SECOND HALF – SPORTING KNOWLEDGE
- Which is the oldest professional football club in London?
- At which football ground did Eric Cantona attack a fan?
- Which sport was re-introduced to the Summer Olympics in Seoul after an absence of 64 years?
- Which UK tennis player won the 1976 French Open, her only Grand Slam victory?
- Who scored Southampton’s winning goal in the 1976 FA Cup Final?
- In cricket what is the maximum number of people that can be on the pitch when the ball is in play?
- In which other sport did cricketer W.G. Grace captain England?
- Why did Lester Piggott never ride the same horse in two consecutive derbys?
- Which club reached the FA Cup Final four times in the 1980s but won it only once?
- Which two counties did Imran Khan represent in the County Cricket championship in England?
- In which sport did Wilt Chamberlain and Alton Byrd achieve fame?