Simon Hahn / 12th August 2019

National North Round-up  12/08/2019

National North Round-up  12/08/2019

The latest from around the league

We picked up our first three points of the season with victory at home to Kettering thanks to two goals from Stephen Thompson and one from Jarrett Rivers. Victory moved us up to ninth in the table.

York City lead the way on seven points after a 1-0 victory over Brackley Town. Andy Bond scored the only goal of the game just after half time.

Guiseley dropped their first points of the season at Southport as they fell to a 3-0 defeat.  Jack Sampson and Raul Correia put Port in control in the first quarter of an hour with Kieran Glynn sealing the victory just after the break.

King’s Lynn are third after an impressive 3-1 win at home to Hereford. Michael Gash, Chris Henderson and Aaron Jones scored the hosts goals with Michael Symons netting a consolation for the Bulls.

Our next opponents Curzon Ashton remain unbeaten after a 1-1 draw at Leamington Josh March had given Leamington a first half lead, but Curzon rescued a point inside the final five minutes through Sean Miller.

Chester have moved into a playoff spot with a 2-1 success at home to Farsley Celtic. Bradley Jackson and George Waring put Chester in control and they held on for victory despite a goal from William Hayhurst for Farsley.

Bradford Park Avenue remain bottom of the table without a goal or point to their name after a 3-0 defeat at home to Kidderminster Harriers.  Correy Davidson, Rhys Williams and Ashley Chambers scored the goals for Harriers.

Blyth Spartans are the only other side in the division without a point after a 3-0 loss at Alfreton,  Josh Thacker scored the first  just before half time, with further goals in the second period from Bobby Johnson and Ryan Qualter.

Gateshead have drawn all three of their games so far after they were held to a 0-0 draw at Telford United.

In the final game of the weekend  Gloucester and Altrincham drew 1-1.  James Jones put Alty ahead early on before Joe Hanks levelled in the second half for Gloucester.