Ray Simpson / 26th November 2015

Evo-Stik Round-Up Week 15

Evo-Stik Round-Up Week 15

For the second time this season Darlington lost a home fixture due to the weather, as the game at ho...

For the second time this season Darlington lost a home fixture due to the weather, as the game at home to Grantham Town was postponed.

Nantwich Town remain top of the league table despite losing 4-2 away to Ashton United. Nantwich took the lead early in the second half through Liam Shotto, but just minutes later Ashton levelled thanks to Martin Pilkington. Ashton took a two goal lead with strikes from Edward Toner and Matthew Chadwick. Stephen Jones pulled a goal back for Nantwich, however, Ashton sealed the win when Chadwick scored his second goal of the game in stoppage time.

Salford City remain third in the league, still with four games in hand on Nantwich. On Saturday they won 1-0 at home to Stamford thanks to a Thomas Peers goal just before half-time.

Blyth Spartans fell to defeat at Skelmersdale United. Michael Richardson had given Blyth the lead inside the first ten minutes. However, Skelmersdale were able to win the game 2-1 thanks to goals from Anthony Rendell and Gerard Kinsella.

Ilkeston are outside the playoff places on goal difference after beating Hyde United 3-1. Lindokuhle Ndlovu and Daniel Udoh put Ilkeston in control. Ben Jago pulled one back for Hyde, but Udoh scored again to seal victory for Ilkeston.

Halesowen Town are also level on points with Ilkeston after beating bottom of the table Ramsbottom United. Reece Hales gave Halesowen the lead after 58 minutes. Shelton Payne levelled just two minutes later for Ramsbottom from the penalty spot. However, Keyon Reffell won the game for Halesowen inside the final ten minutes.

Stourbridge are also just outside the playoffs following victory at Marine. Karl Hawley gave the visitors the lead after ten minutes and the lead was doubled through Thomas Tonks before half-time.  Chad Whyte pulled one back for Marine, but a 3-1 victory was sealed thanks to Hawley’s second of the game.

Workington were held to a 1-1 draw away to Frickley Athletic. John Cyrus gave Frickley the lead after just seven minutes, with Gareth Arnison earning a point for the visitors.

Whitby Town’s struggles away from home continued, as they lost at Mickleover Sports. Anthony Dwyer scored the only goal of the game in the final minute to give Mickleover the points.

Colwyn Bay also remain in the relegation zone after their latest defeat at home to Rushall Olmpic. Luke Benbow and Alex Reid put Rushall 2-0 ahead. John Marsden pulled a goal back for Colwyn late on, but it was not enough.

Grantham Town picked up a huge victory at relegation rivals Stamford on Tuesday night. Stamford took the lead after just ten minutes through Paul Malone. However, goals from Daniel Meadows, Ben Harris and Lee Shaw won the game for Grantham 3-1.

Mid-table sides Matlock Town and Sutton Coldfield Town shared four goals. Joel Purkiss gave Matlock the early lead, with Luke Rodgers and Ryan Edmunds turning the game in Sutton Coldfield’s favour. However, Matlock earned a share of the spoils thanks to Edward Cribley’s strike on 61 minutes.

This weekend we travel to Barwell in a rearranged league game. Elsewhere the sides that remain in the FA Trophy enter the final qualifying round.

Saturday 28th November Fixtures


Barwell v Darlington

Grantham Town v Salford City

Hyde United v Frickley Athletic

Ramsbottom United v Colwyn Bay

Rushall Olympic v Halesowen Town

Whitby Town v Mickleover Sports

Workington v Ilkeston


FA Trophy

Buxton v Bradford Park Avenue

Chorley v Skelmersdale United

Gainsborough Trinity v Ashton United

Marlock Town v Blyth Spartans

Stockport County v Nantwich Town

Stourbridge v Spennymoor Town

Sutton Coldfield Town v Stalybridge Celtic